Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! The Lord is risen!

      This Easter, my mom and I tried our first pinterest-inspired recipe, Bird's Nests. I love haystacks, and they have been my favorite Christmas treat for several years. When I saw a picture of this I knew I wanted to make it. Not only are they cute, but Robin's Eggs are my favorite Easter candy, so combining the two is so delicious!

     Also, this weekend I went to Goodwill and found some good children's books to add to my future classroom library including Merry Christmas, Geronimo and The Pigeon Has Feelings, Too. I'm excited to read the Geronimo Stilton as I have liked others I have read, especially since several words on every page are written in a unique font and color. Sometimes, though, I have found words that are probably too hard for the typical transition literature book, but that's probably because these books were written first in Italian and then translated. I love Pigeon books!


Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. What? Someone actually gave their Pigeon book to a thrift store? Such a crime. At least you got to swipe it up!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I was suprised to find it. Maybe they gave it up because it is a board book, but I don't think that is a very good reason.

    ReplyDelete